Switching between cakewalk and soundforge....

asi9

I'm running Cakewalk 9.0 and Soundforge 4.5... I will often open a track I'm working on up in Soundforge (through Cakewalk). When you're done messing with the wave file, you save it, and when you go back to Cakewalk, it notifies you that the wave file has changed, and asks if you want to update it (and you click yes). But there have been many times when I done a bunch of stuff to a track, save it, and when I go back to Cakewalk, it doesn't "notice" that the wave files has been changed. So I have to re-open the track in Soundforge, do all the stuff I just did AGAIN, then save it, and it usually does it the second time.

Anyone ever have any problems like this? And if so, is there anyway to fix it? Maybe a way to kind of "refresh" the wave files?

-Thanks
asi-9

Are you sure you need to modify the file again in SoundForge? I would think just refreshing the file in CakeWalk should work.

Make sure you have the 'Copy and Manage Imported Files' box checked in Options menu -> Audio menu -> Advanced tab. Mine always came up with the prompt.

If it happens again, minimize CW9 and load SF and try to find the sample and load it. You might be able to cut and paste or drag and drop the sample without having to do the work again. It could be a bug though.

Yeah, I think it's just a bug. I think refreshing should probably do the trick, and if not, I'm about to upgrade to Sonar, so maybe it won't happen in that.

Back