Swerving Ambulance (A frantic, quick, spur-of-the-moment original)

propman

This is a hastily done song that I did after being semi-inspired by an ambulance swerving down the road
and a few scattered phrases that came up in conversation. I'm thinking of this as a demo because I'd like to do
a more full version of this at some point in the future. However, I deem it good enough to share in its present start
and I know you guys like it when I do weird sh... crap. ;) :rolleyes:

[MP3]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/65316259/Swerving%20Ambulance.mp3[/MP3]

Lyrics:
Swerving ambulance
Swerving ambulance

Headed to the mill where a cheap-ass Baghdad light bulb bought from the general store
Was miswired by a stilted fusspot; old sot, too hot. everybody's dead. (Not!)
Got a tiny tin roof swung to the back of a telephone cage with the page of a phone book
Strapped to the screen of a sunken machine with a radio, threadio, stringy like Pasketti-O

Swerving ambulance
Swerving ambulance

Slippin' through a ditch like a ditch witch what a bitch
Calender carousel cascading Carol beam
Siren in the sky like a wind's sigh, throwin' 'em high like a bye bye sittin' on fly by
Rattle shot, shuttlecock, limericks and sour dock and pop rocks n' pop lock n' trouble with a gum drop
Tower in malaise with a boner shootin' blanks at the blood banks, band ranks, port starboard side flanks (Ah!)

(Ahhhhh!!!!!)

Satisfying Sundance (×8)

(Ahgggrroah!!! [or some such noise]) Stick it up your abs!

Last edited:
Adam,
sounds like a good start - don't tidy it up too much - there's a nice Live at the Roxy & Elsewhere early punk vibe to i.
The Australian punk band from the late 70's The Thought Criminals had a very similar approach & sound - though your sound is cleaner.

Adam,
sounds like a good start - don't tidy it up too much - there's a nice Live at the Roxy & Elsewhere early punk vibe to i.
The Australian punk band from the late 70's The Thought Criminals had a very similar approach & sound - though your sound is cleaner.
Thanks for listenin', Ray! I'm going to do the tidying (A.K.A. over-arranging) relatively soon and will post that once done.

That is just crazy. Well done though Adam. I read the lyrics 1st and didn't imagine it would be this kind of tune (and by "this kind" I mean, whatever this is :p?).

It seems really well performed to me. I liked the sounds you were getting with the crunchy guitars and bass locked in together - especially just before the end there.

What did you do for drums on this one? I didn't think you recorded your kit anymore, so I'm assuming these are software drums of some sort? It's pretty cool that at this point, I have absolutely no idea what is coming when I click on one of your links....truly diverse offerings.

That. Was. Awesome.

That you can pack so much energy and randomly gathered & observed information into a cool song like this is totally wicked. I like...is it guitar or bass, (I'm too stupid to know) I think it's guitar, before the Ahhhhh!!!!! And that's a good Ahhhhh!!!!! :eek:

Man, I got no idea how you're going to take on a fuller arrangement in this, but I'm intrigued to hear what you do when you have. The mix sounds kind of full already and the song is one that for me needs to keep a degree of rough edge. As ray says, I hope you don't tidy it too much.

Good fun tune, nice one Adam.

Pretty cool. The guitars are way too loud for me. I think it makes it sound messy. I like the lyrics and the delivery. I like everything about it....but the mix.

I think that's a good call on the guitar levels. Listening again after reading Greg's comment, I think that might be something to consider to clean it up a little without being too "tidy".

Very cool song! Reminds me of Primus in some ways. I wouldn't lower the guitars but I'd raise the drum a little bit, and I wouldn't use EzDrummer's stock sounds (If I heard correctly), maybe try superior drummer so you can mix the individual pieces and tighten up the mix. Great work nonetheless.

EDIT: Is there a Wilhelm scream at some point or did I mishear?

Back