Sustain Pedal Thump in VI's?

TommyJ1112

Not having regular access to a nice grand (or even a baby grand) piano to record with, I rely on virtual instruments for piano sounds (as I'm sure many of you do).

I am currently using Synthogy's Ivory, and in general am VERY happy with it's results.

The only thing it seems to be missing, or maybe it has but I'm missing it somehow, is that low-end "thump" you often hear when working the sustain pedal on a real piano.

I would love to have the ability to mix just a little bit of that sound in to really make it sound like a real piano was used. (It's funny, since there have been a times when I've recorded live pianos in bigger studio's and have wished that I could REDUCE the amount of pedal thump that the engineer had recorded, but now I find myself missing hearing just a little bit of that thump, especially on some of those really exposed ballad's)

Does Ivory have this ability and I'm just overlooking it? Or does any VI, synth or sampler have that ability? Have any of you dealt with this issue much at all?

Thanks!
Tom

Back