Sustain Pedal Problem

thegatekeeper

Hi guys, I recently posted in the cubase forum but I think I'm never going to get a response there. I have a problem with my midi. I'm using a keystation pro 88, going via usb to the computer using Nuendo as my daw. I'm using Ivory as my vst. When I play and do some tracking I have no problem at all. My problem is that whenver I export it to an audio track, I lose my sustain pedal effect. I'm routing my midi in to from my keyboard and out to ivory. I do have the audio but the sustain is lost. I have also removed any filtering and yet I have the same problem. Any ideas?

You need to have the automation clicked when exporting your song out of Cubase. Providing you did use automation to save your pedal..

Well since I'm fairly new to midi, and it sounded good when I played and recorded I figured shit, I think it's going to work. So I have to activate the pedal in the midi track, is that it?

The sustain pedal should automatically be recognised, but theres a process called 'Automation' which is basically a way of recording settings.. For example, if i wished to change the volume up and down and in various ways on a clip of audio, i would use automation to record on that track and save my settings on the volume control.. i hope im making sense because i'm pretty tired right now :)

So yeah, in Cubase there should be a way to turn Automation on, then on the channel your using click it to 'Automation write' or 'Automation record' then use your pedal along with the track. That should then save it to the chosen midi channel.

Then when your exporting the track, ensure that 'include automation' is ticked.

Hope that helps,

Good luck.

I know what automation is but my question is why would I have to turn it on, if when I playback what I recorded the pedal is working. The only thing that happens is that when I bounce it to an audio track the sustain effect is gone. I'll try it as soon as I get home. Thanks

Back