Surf Rock

msmales555

Hello,

Novocaine Failure

What does everyone think of the song, "Novocaine Failure" that I've posted at soundclick.com? How's the mix? What are your impressions of the way the instruments sound?

Thanks,

Mike S.

You should re-do the link...it's asking me to sign in to SOUNDCLICK, which never happens...and I'm a lazy mofo.

i'm lazy too, but today, stubborn!,

...industrial electro... it's pretty worked through, no sign of monotone boredom..... the recording i'm listening to sounds a bit "narrow", don't know if that's good/bad/intended, but apart from that it's smooth on the ears.... the vocals, despite the FX - the sound is kewl - but the singing could be worked on, i think... a bit weak at times (not that I "can sing" myself). Just my 5 cents...

Thanks for posting. Welcome to the board! Stick around, eh! :)

I didn't listen to any tune because every time I click your link, it takes me to Soundclick page that says "logging out".

That's some cool shit. I didn't know surf music had evolved so much! It's like 60's surf music was pre-acid, and this stuff is post-acid.

I love the arrangement. There are things hitting me left and right. The drumming is very tight. And when everything comes back in after the little break where the drummer's playing on his toms, it picks up beautifully. Really cool.

Back