Sundlaugin Studio (Sigur Ros's studio)

pdadda

Captain Sea Boots
I just got back from a trip to Iceland, and I made sure that I went out to see the studio where most of Sigur Ros's albums have been made. The chief engineer, Biggi, was great about letting me come see the place and take a look around. All of Sigur Ros's studio gear was still lying around (they keep an exact replica of everything they take on the road in the studio). I took a bunch of pictures and put them up on my myspace page under the Sundlaugin Studio picture gallery (www.myspace.com/captainseaboots) if you want to check them out. I could host them elsewhere, but that was the simplest.
They have a ridiculous setup that I was drooling over. Some of the pics are a bit blurry, but I also got pictures of all the pedal setups. They had some really interesting creations, including a "drum set" made out of pots and pans that they apparently individually selected for their pitch and tone.
A big thanks again to Biggi over at Sundlaugin for letting me come explore.

Fantastic pictures mate!! thanks a lot for sharing.

Nice old Neve desk i see, no? Seems the right colour scheme/layout for a late 70s/80s desk..

May I ask who is Sigur Ros's us americans dont listen to unamerican bands unless the are british!

JK!

But seriously who is he?

Sigur Ros is one of the biggest bands to come out of Iceland in a while. I think they have a myspace page if you want to hear some samples. If you ever saw the movie "Vanilla Sky," they had a song on the soundtrack. I seriously suggest giving them a listen.

There's a mic I can't identify in front of one of the amps. There are 2 pics of it (both with the caption "what mic is this?"). Any of you mic nerds wanna help me out?

Imagine having all that gear as your OFF ROAD set!
Lots of toys - good snaps & I love the tinlids kit.

There's a mic I can't identify in front of one of the amps. There are 2 pics of it (both with the caption "what mic is this?"). Any of you mic nerds wanna help me out?

Looks like a Sennheiser e602

Here's a question for you pedal nerds. In the 11th picture (there is another pic somewhere in there of the same setup), what is that TC Electronics pedal second from the right?

Still interested in knowing what that TC pedal is. Also, on the second page of pictures, what is the cheap looking silver pedal in the bottom right of the 12th picture?

Back