Suggestions on this Mix?

ace3

Just wanted to get some feed on a track I TRIED to mix.

Thing of note:

-Just mixed the vocals (didn't have the tracked out beat to mix the instruments it's an industry instrumental)

-Didn't Compress the whole vocal mix as itself (but mixed each individual track)/Still trying to learn about that so what your hearing is just the the mixdown of each individual track and the instrumental.

-Main Vocal Verse was doubled (Various Adlibs added)

If I could get some feed and any suggestions it would help thanks!

I'm using adobe audition 1.5 and waves silver is my main bundle I use for any comp/eq.

Song: "Da Return" www.myspace.com/youngmillzmusic

okay ill def have to check it out when i get home..im at work right now..but wut exactly do you mean by tighter vocals?

heya.

pretty solid. i definitely wouldnt mind chilling with a fat one to this stuff. i think some of the "looseness" NL5 is hearing might just be because of the "groove" of the beat--- little loose on the downbeats. its cool though.

also agree that myspace just destroys music files. but from what i hear, your balance sounds pretty good overall.
a

heya.

pretty solid. i definitely wouldnt mind chilling with a fat one to this stuff. i think some of the "looseness" NL5 is hearing might just be because of the "groove" of the beat--- little loose on the downbeats. its cool though.

also agree that myspace just destroys music files. but from what i hear, your balance sounds pretty good overall.
a

thanks!..yea im juss trying to get my compression right...i like my vocals to have a compressed feel where some artists like a dry type feel to them. i like to keep my main verse centered and i ussually do 2 sets of adlibs and pan one left 35 and the other right 35...i believe it juss makes the verse and the adlibs stand out...just to give the track a strong punch

okay ill def have to check it out when i get home..im at work right now..but wut exactly do you mean by tighter vocals?

i think some of the "looseness" NL5 is hearing might just be because of the "groove" of the beat--- little loose on the downbeats. its cool though.

I am talking about all the back vox parts. They are all over the place. I'm not too familiar with this genre, but I find that extremely hard to listen to. The music is a bit odd to me as well, but I think if the vocals were tighter it would work. Just my opinion, take it for what's it's worth. :D

will do..yea for a lot its an aquired taste...not something you usually sit back and relax too...juss the type of music it is..but yea ill take that to mind

Back