Suggestions for Subwoofer please...!!!!!!!!

Jeyan

Just thought of getting a sub woofer, I am not looking for a Genelec, Mackie or JBL (can't afford them), and my control room is 12x12, so I dont need a very powerful sub. I guess I am stuck with these 5 choices Event 20/20/S250 Subwoofer, M-Audio SPX, Samson Resolv 120a, Tannoy 110 CS Active and Hafler TRM10.1. Anybody got experience with any of these subs? Your suggestions please.........Thank you!

The M-Audio is good, real good, however its crossover network is designed to work with the BX8s, SP8B, BX5s, and SP5Bs speakers.

I tested the Samson and it would have been my next choice based on sound except that I wanted to match my SP5Bs with the sub designed for the set.

And I have the Samson 120a which works just fine. It was $350 Canadian, so that's probably about what, ten bucks US ?

:)

Samson is very tempting cos the prices are very good, just wanted to get some feedback on it before buying that, Thanks Middleman and Vestast. Lets see what others suggest.

I use the SBX and it works just fine. If you really crank it, it will distort a bit, but otherwise, it's OK. It looks like $400, but I talked GC out of it for $300. M-Audio just moved their facilities, and delivery time can be a pain, so make sure you find somebody that has it in stock, or be prepared to harass their customer service a bit.-Richie

vestast how well does the samson handle low sub lows? i produce south hiphop and a lot of r&b i often have songs that are very strong from 25-40hz (ie: 3 6 mafia, lil john etc)
i was gonna pick up the event 20/20/s250 b/c i know it can handle the lows, i just didn't wanna spend more that 250 right now...
can the samson handle the low freq and not distort from a deep 808?

Back