Suggestions for low power beginner amp?

You can actually buy this class A all tube Head and 212 cab brand new from AmericanMusical.com for just under 3 Benjamin's
Here Is the link to the cab
PICT0040776x581.jpg

this will carry you beyond beginner you will actually be able to gig with this rig
I own it, and it is a fantastic little rig.:cool:

I have exactly that rig.

1. It will require internal mods to get past "passable," whereas a small modeler such as the MicroCube will have a number of good sounds right out of the box.

2. The modded Crate sounds awesome... with the volume dimed, which I measured at >105dB @ 1m. Turning it down, it sounds OK, but it's really gutshot under about 8. Not an inside amp.

microcube.....i have two of them so i can mess with blending the effects..

i also have quite a few amps gathering dust....the micro is the lazy goto amp if i want to just play guitar or even bass and just dont want to be bothered with what gos on beyond my fretboard....then thats it.

i bought them when they first came out but they seem to be turning into quite the classic...brit amp setting..or vox ac30 is the sweet setting.

just plug and go...why spend the extra dollars if all you want to do is play.

I have exactly that rig.

1. It will require internal mods to get past "passable," whereas a small modeler such as the MicroCube will have a number of good sounds right out of the box.

2. The modded Crate sounds awesome... with the volume dimed, which I measured at >105dB @ 1m. Turning it down, it sounds OK, but it's really gutshot under about 8. Not an inside amp.

I suppose that depends on your playing style whether or not it needs modding,
I like it as is which works just fine with a multi FX processor;)
and you will do just fine with it in as long as you are not trying to dimethe volume

I have a 5W Epiphone valve jr. head ($99) on top of a Peavey 410 ($50 craigslist).

5W all tube half stack for $149. Add effects to taste.

Back