Suggest a compressor/limiter for less than $100?

MXR DynaComp...? It's one of the only compressors in that price range period. I think Digitech has a squeezer of some sort in that range also, but it's a Digitech...

Ya know, I'm totally on the fence about the MXR. I love their sound and their simplicity, but I'm nervous to put all my eggs in such a simple basket.
Am I crazy for wanting a limiter? I'm nervous to have such little control over my sound as the MXR offers.
Does anyone know anything about the Rolls CL151? It sounds like it's designed more for vocals than instruments.

Ya know, I'm totally on the fence about the MXR. I love their sound and their simplicity, but I'm nervous to put all my eggs in such a simple basket.
Am I crazy for wanting a limiter? I'm nervous to have such little control over my sound as the MXR offers.
Does anyone know anything about the Rolls CL151? It sounds like it's designed more for vocals than instruments.

Rolls CL151 GLC

Boulder, the dbx would probably my 1st choice if I could find one for less than $100.

ido, Are you saying you like the Rolls? Are you correcting me by adding the "GLC"? Do you just like saying it? Did you mean to say more?

No offense but $80 doesn't buy you that many eggs to worry about. On that note: if you can solder and are willing to undertake easy mod projects you could pick up (here comes the groans) an Alysis 3630 on eBay really cheap. I can't believe I actually recommend someone buy a 3630 :eek:. There are numerous websites dedicated to modifications. First mod is to disable the gate - requires cutting only 2 jumpers. Here's one site as an example. Alesis 3630 Compressor Mods

Hmmm....Simman, that does look fun. I can solder and do like little projects. That's a great idea! Thanks for the link. I don't know if it'll ever make it into my rack, but it looks like a fun in the meantime.

Back