Success with US-122!

MichaelG

This past weekend I recorded my first tune with my US-122. The results have been posted in the MP3 Mixing Clinic:

https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?threadid=114889

I used Adobe Audition 1.0 (formerly CEP) on a Dell Latitude D800 notebook (WinXP, 1.3 GHz Centrino, 512 MB RAM, 30 GB 4200 rpm hdd). After I got the multitrack latency adjustment dialed in on Audition, I didn't have any problems with latency. Everything synced up just fine.

Although the knobs on the US-122 are delicate, overall I'm very satisfied with this piece of gear.

--Michael

us-122 with win xp

hey! i'm glad you got a tune recorded!!

I, however, installed the us-122 on my latop running winXP (also using cool edit) and i get constant clicks and dropouts during audio playback. i've been using cool edit for years, i know i have it set up right. i have the most recent driver and everything, but it just won't play back without skipping and sputtering!! very frustrating. wondering if you might be able to offer me any insight into this problem. thanx.

--andy

Andy--

I've got the US-122 latency (in the control panel) set to 512 samples and the Audition multitrack latency set at 18 ms. How are your settings?

andyg666,

you need to upgrade to XP service pack 2. there is a known bug in XP's USB that produces pops and clicks in audio.

crosstudio said:
andyg666,

you need to upgrade to XP service pack 2. there is a known bug in XP's USB that produces pops and clicks in audio.

Service Pack 2? You mean Service Pack 1, right?
Service Pack 2 is still in beta...

SP1

i have service pack 1 installed. i've had it since the beginning, so i don't think that's the issue. my audio playback was fine with the onboard sound...

hey Drummer4Life05,

maybe you need to do some other tuning...?

check out this link

http://www.musicxp.net/tuning_tips.htm

also there could be spyware/adware, or some virus or some other crap running that you don't need.

virus scanner and spyware checker avail online for free from adaware or spybot sd, and free version of avg antivirus

maybe you already tried this though....:rolleyes:

nothing but audio

there is virtually nothing on this machine that's not integral to audio. no adware/spyware, no virus stuff, no nothing. even if there were, the machine works fine with the built-in system sound but can't play back anything through the us-122 without skipping and sputtering... all neccessary updates and drivers are in place. i don't know what else could be wrong. i will have to get on the phone with tascam. good thing they're west of my time zone--i can call them when i get home from work one day and get this thing taken care of. i hope...

Back