Subwoofer for KRK Rokit 5s? Recommendations, etc.

jndietz

The Way It Moves
Recently, I have been trying to treat my small room to help my mixing. I pulled my table away from the wall and this affected my bass response. I produce dance music as well as record bands in my house.

I was looking for a good subwoofer because there is no bass in my room. I recently ran some -20 RMS pink noise through my monitors and back into a small condenser microphone and saw a huge drop off at around 100Hz. I know thats not an ideal test, but its what I had. I'm trying to get ahold of a measurement mic to really test it.

Anyways, looking for the best possible subwoofer, of course with the lowest cost, that could supplement my need for lower frequencies. I was considering the matched KRK sub, but its 300 bones and don't really know if its worth the cash or not. I really need to fix this because my mixes either have too much bass, or not enough.

Well maybe you could audition them and if they aren't what you want just return them -if you can. Find that out first!

:cool:

I really wouldn't mind doing that -- but, they always sound different in the store than in the room...

I guess this might be my only bet. I might check out the Rokit sub. I see more good reviews than bad on it.

Yeah just find out what the return policy is and maybe you can have the bass for a week to test drive it. ;)

Yeah just find out what the return policy is and maybe you can have the bass for a week to test drive it. ;)

This. Any music gear store should have a flexible return policy on monitors and stuff that really has to be used in the person's studio to find if it works for them. This is also where building a rapport with your chosen store and it's salespeople can really benefit you beyond chit-chat and some extra guitar picks here and there.

Back