style of trax

south and east.

the good ol' west makes some good hits now and then (and it doesn't hurt that snoop's trying to get on damn near everything right now), but times ain't changed yet.

I think that the hyphy movement killed the west right now. It was a nice attempt but it only came out as a short lived fad across the US.

Shit changes coasts more times than the Lombardi but it's all good.

I agree that the South and the East is the most powerful. But I think the Dirty Dirty gets the nod as far as overall beast right now..... Reason I say it is: The fact that the majority of stuff they play here in Boston in the club to get cats on the floor is Southern based. Which people here dissed initially and called it Crap and thought it was a temporary gimmick. I think the Ghetto boys and then Master P changed the game for the South!
Shoot, if there is noone on the floor, and the Dj throw on "I'm so hood", please you can't even find a spot to dance.............

The South started that trend and the East just spit a different prospective on it. Nothing wrong with making music strictly to entertain people.

People used to hate on it big time....some still do. But I remember always going to cop new releases on Tuesdays at Best Buy and muaphukkaz waiting outside to cop the newest No Limit CD. To be honest, I still will pop some of that in the car every now and then (or chop and screw it just for kicks).

Back