stupid question

msgrape

It says not to be afraid to ask a stupid question so here goes.
I'm using Acid Music and am getting a lot of 'stuttering' on playback.
Someone told me that I need to change the latency. What is latency and how do I do that?
I'm so new at this. Can you tell????

I have Acid Pro 4.0 ordered but it's not here yet.
I can't wait..........ha.........then I'll have more stupid questions.

Thanks a bunch and have a great day.
Happy Holidays.

msgrape

I believe latency is basically how long the program will play the song before it actually starts spitting it out of the speakers. The choppiness could be due to the latency being set to low and the CPU can't process the audio fast enough before it wants to send it to the monitors. If you increase the duration then it might correct it. Latency is the issue, but I don't think that is what it is called in the program. Then again I don't have that program I don't know.

A lot of help I've been!

Hey, you've been a great help.
If it's called 'buffering' in this program, then it's where he told me to look.
Could they be the same?
I felt too stupid to ask the guy that told me to change the latency in the first place.
Thanks for replying.

msgrape

Acid is very particular about what soundcards it uses...
acid music is basically a stripped down version of acid pro 4 lets say.
i have been using acid pro 4 for about 2 years now, if you have any question feel free to contact me via email as well

as to your question, the "latency" can normally only be cahnged via your souncards toolbar/menu, and not in-program for acid products, what can be changed in acid is your play back buffering.
basically the higher the number the more buffering acid will do, so try adjusting the slider to higher numbers, until the "gaps" in the song goes away, but if that does not help, there could be a latency issue with your soundcard as well

it also depends on your operating system and what components are in your computer for everything to function as a whole

it sounds like alot, but really, its normally only one small thing that needs to be changed to get it working

my email if you have further questions
jasonstickel@yahoo.com

peace
LB

You guys are great. I'm sure glad that I came across this site.
LB, I might take you up on your offer to answer my questions.
As I said, I have "Acid Pro ordered so I'll probably just wait until it arrives to do any more fooling around with this one.

I find this type of music absolutely fascinating. I go to acidplanet every chance I get to hear all the music. I doubt if I'd ever have the nerve to put any of mine on there..........ha

rvdsm, I checked out paledarknothing......what a great site.

Thanks again and happy holidays to you all.

msgrape

Back