Stupid question about exporting

maxabillion

Hey so I have some audio that I would like to export out of pro tools onto Itunes and then onto a CD. Two questions: How is this done (would I use the "Export" choice or "Send via DigiDelivery" under file? Or some thing else?) And once I export a recording, can I still have the file in protools for future alterations? Thanks! sorry if this is obvious, but this is the first time I actually have something ready to go...

First you need to highlight your audio from beginning to end, then go to file>>>bounce to>>>disk. A pop up menu then should appear with a few different options. One of them is file types, you can either choose WAV. or MP3. If your going to be putting in on a CD choose the "resolution" to be 16 instead of 24. There's also an option to "convert during" or "convert after", Convert during takes less time, doesn't really matter which you choose though, and then click bounce. Pro tools bounces in real time so it will play your song in it's entirety and convert it. It will ask you for a place to save it and to name the bounce, so put it somewhere you can find it like your project folder. Then you should just be able to drag and drop it into Itunes.

You now have a separate bounce file that's in either WAV. or MP3 form and your original PT files that you can still open and mix/edit. If any changes are made in the original just make sure you follow the process again and make a separate bounce.

Back