Stupid Delta 1010 and Vegas questions

Jon X

I've tried to decipher this from the manual, but no luck determining if it's even possible, much less how to make it work. I want to monitor the output from the 1010 through a set of headphones by plugging the phones directly into one of the outs on the 1010... let's say #8. When I assign the bus in Vegas to output to #8, I don't know of another way to do it than to send it to 7/8, so in the headphones I only hear one side and it's completly in one ear. Is there anyway to do this without running in stereo to an external unit and plugging the headphones into that?

My other question is related to hearing what I'm trying to record in Vegas. I can hear the playback fine through the monitors or headphones (except for what I mentioned above), but in my one attempt to record a miked amp I could never figure out how to monitor it in Vegas until after I had it recorded. No matter what I tried I could never hear anything coming from the mic, even though I could see the levels changing so I knew I was getting a signal. After about 30 minutes I just gave up and cranked the amp so I could hear it when I was listening to the playback in the headphones at the same time. I know I've done this in Vegas before when I used to use an SBLive card and was able to monitor everything correctly. The 1010 is new to me, and I'm guessing that I'm missing something related to it and it's convoluted setups. BTW, is it just me or do other people find that 1010 control panel app a little confusing? I even read the manual and still don't fully understand it.

Thanks for any help on either one of these things.

The midiman stuff is not as configurable as the Aardvark stuff. But anyway, I monitor what i'm doing by.. and example is easiest.

Lets say your putting down a vocal track, your mic is coming in input one of the delta. I use output 8 for monitoring. So I go to the routing panel and select for output 8, monitor input 1. Send output 1 to a free fader on the board and use that for a monitor.

But, I run that along with outputs 1 and 2 which is the whole mix.

Don't know if that helps at all.

Exact connections:

- outputs 1 and 2 of the delta into a free pair of faders.
- Mic into an input on the board, out to input 1 on the delta
- optional monitor using output 8 of the delta into a free input of the board. Routing, output 8 'listening' to input 1.

Back