Studiomix useage

brtaln1

I record on a Boss Br8.
I have had for awhile but have never used Cakewalk Studio mix. I was wondering 2 things.
1. would it work to use the cakewalk to MASTER my recordings?

2.how much to purchase the effects that did not come in the cakewalk package? it has delay but all the other effects say reverb are not hilighted and not available to use. any feedback would be welcome.

Thanks

I'm not sure of your question or your setup.
Are you using a computer with cakewalk software ( Sonar, Pro Audio, or similar)?
Or are you just recording to the Boss Br8?

The Peavey/Cakewalk StudioMix controller is designed to be used with Pro Audio 9 or Sonar. It is a hardware control surface made to control the software functions, like record and play, and to mix with real faders as opposed to virtual ones.
This make the process alot easier.
I can atest to this because I use mine ALL the time with Sonar.
There is even a setting in Sonar and Pro Audio 9 to turn on the StudioMix so the software will know it's connected via midi.
It even has assignable buttons that can control just about any function you want.

I am not sure how you would use it with the Boss Br8.

A1MixMan

I use the BR8 to do my recordings.

Someone mentioned transfering my tracks to cpu to mix and master.

I tested with a free version of goldwave to mix my tracks on cpu

I was under the assumption when the studiomix was purchased it would have the plugins with it, seems I was wrong.

Since there seems to be quite a few cakewalk users, I am looking for feedback if it would be worth the cash to get whats needed to work with the studiomix to:
import the tracks-
mix-
master-
and then burn to cd.
Hope this clarifies my first post a little better.
Thanks for the reply.

Studiomix doesn't come with any software or effects.

I wouldn't "get whats needed to work with the studiomix"
That is going about it backwards.
Kind of like saying "lets get a car to go with these sparkplugs"
You should get the car first and then find out which sparkplugs it needs.

The StudioMix is made ONLY to be used with Sonar or Pro Audio 9 from Cakewalk.
If you have a computer (PC not Mac), and want to use Sonar or Pro Audio 9, then you can use the StudioMix to control the software. It can't do anything that the software can't do, so in that regard you are not getting any new features with the StudioMix. It's just so you don't need to use your mouse to hit the record button, or when mixing down you can use the fader with your hand and not the mouse.

The StudioMix is great if you have Sonar or Pro Audio 9.
It is useless if you do not.

Sonar or Pro Audio 9 can do what you want to do all by itself:
import the tracks-
mix-
master-
and then burn to cd

So can lots of other recording software.
Your StudioMix will make it alot easier if you do get Sonar or Pro Audio 9.
It just won't work with any other recording software.

A1MixMan

Back