Studio Projects dealers in New England?

Julia

Does anyone know of any sellers of the Studio Projects line of microphones in New England?

Looking for a B1 in stock for immediate shipping.

Thanks.

Julia

Julia,

East Coast Music Mall, in CT, carries the line, though I don't know about their stock. The full list of dealers is at www.studioprojectsusa.com. I'm sure that there are others, but I just don't know who.

Side note, are you in New England? I grew up south of Boston, and have always looked forward to moving back there. Good luck on your B1 search!

-MG

Thanks, mgraffeo

Thank you, mgraffeo...

Not Boston, no...further into the great white north than that!

Maine. Brrrrrr....

Thank you yet again for all your help with this process.

Julia

Got one...

Thanks, Gentlemen...

I got one. Unfortunately, it has to be shipped from Wisconsin, but that'll have to do.

Thanks for your help.

Julia

Hey I live in Portland, ME. Wow...finally found someone on this board from up here! Hard to believe really. :) And no....you're outa luck with the SP stuff up here I think. I've bought both my SP VTB-1 pre, and the SP C3 mic on line.

What town?

If your school is nearby, and the timing was convenient, I have a couple Oktava's and a Studio Projects C3 coming. Would be a fun project!

[EDIT] Just noticed you got a mic...never mind. Have fun!

wow!

Oh, wow! That would have been AWESOME!

Our school, unfortunately, is roughly 75 minutes from Portland. :(

I wish we were nearby. It would be wonderful to have someone who knows what he's doing making this recording.

I surely have learned a good deal from the gentlemen on this bulletin board, though...can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

Julia

You should post an MP3 of some of the recording in the MP3 Clinic. I'd love to hear how it turns out! I'm sure the guys there would too.

Anyway, good luck. :)

Thank you...

Thanks very much, SLuice...

If I ever get this finished, I'll do just that. But I don't know how much the guys here would like it, because then I'd have to ask them all sorts of new questions about how to go about posting to the mp3 clinic! :rolleyes:

Thanks...I'll give it a try!

OT

This may be silly to post here, but I will be moving to Burlington, VT in the coming months. Also glad to hear that there are "others" in region. I have no clue what the scene in Burlington is like. I am a little envious that julia will still have me beat of the northerly lattitude front.

I will be bringing my C1 with me when I come. There... that puts it back on topic.

Cheers,

Bryan

Re: Thanks, mgraffeo

Julia said:
Thank you, mgraffeo...

Not Boston, no...further into the great white north than that!

Maine. Brrrrrr....

Thank you yet again for all your help with this process.

Julia

What is it with the New England dealers. It seems we can't get any support from them up there. I know it is not the line, because we are selling everything we can get. It ain't in GC or Sam Ash...so what is the problem with these dealers in New England. Morgan at East Coast is great...but there has to be more than just him!!

Alan,

Have you tried contacting Mark Parson at Parson's Audio in Wellesley, MA or Dave Malapour at Pro Audio Design in Rockland, MA? Hard to believe one or both wouldn't be very interested in carrying your lines, especially since you have the added "carrot" of the Stephen Paul offering coming out soon.

I would be interested in hearing what your results are from these contacts. I may be able to be of some help as an intermediary if you need it. You can always PM me.

To alanhyatt...

Good morning, Mr. Hyatt.

You wrote:

What is it with the New England dealers. It seems we can't get any support from them up there. I know it is not the line, because we are selling everything we can get. It ain't in GC or Sam Ash...so what is the problem with these dealers in New England. Morgan at East Coast is great...but there has to be more than just him!!

Morgan at East Coast may be great, but I called there to order your product (in B1 fashion this time), and despite the fact that I called numerous times, each time I had only the option of leaving a message, which I ultimately did, in detail. No one got back to me for over 24 hours. Meanwhile, I had to order the product from Kenosha, Wisconsin, and accept the fact that I would not have it when I needed it. That's not good. Most folks would simply have chosen another product, which I very nearly did, by the way.

You might try Doug Wainoris of "Down Home Music" in Fairfield, Maine. Talk about a great guy. If the line of mics gets some press up this way, perhaps he'd have reason to carry it.

Since I buy most of my gear from Doug, I'll let him know how I find the Studio Projects line to perform.

Good luck! It would be great if SP had a dealer north of MA.

Julia

Wow Julia, sorry to hear that.

I'm the one that pointed you to East Coast. When I called them I got right through and the guy I spoke to said they had several B1's in stock. And here I was, patting myself on the back and all.

Oh well, they say pride comes before a fall. :D

Blessings, Terry

Alan,

I ordered through East Coast as well and Morgan did indeed keep me posted with regular updates. The annoying part of the deal was that the web site said "In Stock for Immediate Shipping!" and the updates were along the lines of " The boat has left China.", " The mics are in QC as we speak.", "We should be receiving the mics any day now." I did eventually get my C1 but it was near a month. I know all about marketing and bullshit and I didn't appreciate it.

I like the mic though. :)

lou

I just moved from Northampton/MA to State College/PA.

Northampton is the coolest place on earth if you're into music! Everybody seems to be in some sort of band, and there are dozens of independent recording studios in this area. They also have a nice store, called: downtown sound.
Anyway ... I am gonna miss New England :-( You're lucky to live there!

hey Sky --

yeah, it really sucks if you order at your local music store and then you have to wait for weeeeeks. I recently ordered a Neumann mic from a store in Liverpool/England! Their prices are waayyy below US prices (easy payment with PayPal) and they shipped the mic within 3 days! How's that for customer service? :-))

Downtown Sounds in Northampton is indeed a Studio Projects dealer.They are pretty nice there but when I got my TB-1 I ordered it from 8th St Audio.Very nice people there,speak to Randy there and he'll help you out.

Re: Re: Thanks, mgraffeo

alanhyatt said:

Alan I went into Daddy's Junky music store in here in Portland Maine looking for a C3...they'd said they'd never even heard of SP. That's what we're dealing with here. Thank God for the internet...

I ended up getting it from 8th Street as well.

Back