Studio Projects Dealer in Northern NJ

iwanarock

Rocking Member
I had a brief conversation (in a thread) with Alan on this a few months ago but was looking for an update if possible. Alan told me he had a dealer who went out of business and was looking for another one. I live in Northern New Jersey and wondering if anything was in the works to get a dealer in Northern/Central NJ or NYC to carry Studio Projects Mic's. I would love to buy a few but I don't like buying anything I can't hear first. Thje press has been really good, but in the end I still let me ears decide all my purchases. Could go to 8th Street in Philly but that is about 80 miles one way and the last time there they had none in Stock.

I live in the same area. You probably won't find a dealer around here for the SP stuff as I think they don't want to deal with the big chains. They will sell the JoeMeek stuff at the big chain stores around here. I'm going by a conversation I had with a PMI audio person on the phone about a month or two ago. If Alan is lurking he may answer but your better off calling them. They were very nice on the phone to me.
I bought my SP stuff just on the recomondations of this group and have been very happy. I had everything sent to me from 8th Street.
Good luck.

Unfortunately we do not have very good representation on the east coast. But if you have a specific dealer you'd like to buy from you can suggest to them that they contact us directly. In the mean time some good dealers to check out are Mac Midi Music, Sweetwater, 8th Street Music, and Sound Pure.

Thanks for all the reply's and Justin I will do that, I get the feeling you don't want to deal with Sam Ash or Guitar center for some reason so I will ask some other smaller dealers in the area, if they have any interest and ask them to contact you guys. Thanks for the response.

Hey guys,

I live in Northern NJ as well. Hackettstown/ Long Valley. Anyways, just a quick idea. I recently purchased A LOT of gear through Sweetwater Sound. They Have IMPECCABLE service, tech support etc.

As i can tell, You also like to hear before you buy. Now the one thing sweetwater will do for you is allow you to exchange most anything you buy, give you the credit back in either sweetwater credit, OR they will cut you a check for the FULL amount. NO questions asked.

I am looking in to SP mics as well, would like to hear that the whole shock mount thing is fixed though before i get the c4's. BUT anyways you get my point. I've grown fed up with Sam ash, guitar center (total Rip off) and other huge chains. Really give, sweetwater a chance, they're helpful, fast and good to their word about what deals they make with you and the service and support they offer.

-dano

Back