Studio Projects B3?

ProJect

Hey,

I would've done a search, but "B3" is too small to look for and Studio Projects is too vague.

What do you guys think of the B3 as a vocal mic? I'm looking at that, an AT-3035, a CAD E-200, and an MXL V67. I just need a good low price vocal mic. If it can also pump out a little bass drum, that is also a good thing. I doubt the V67 would do that, but I've heard of the AT-3035 and the E-200 being used as one.

Connor

ProJect said:
Hey,

I would've done a search, but "B3" is too small to look for and Studio Projects is too vague.

What do you guys think of the B3 as a vocal mic? I'm looking at that, an AT-3035, a CAD E-200, and an MXL V67. I just need a good low price vocal mic. If it can also pump out a little bass drum, that is also a good thing. I doubt the V67 would do that, but I've heard of the AT-3035 and the E-200 being used as one.

Connor

I don't think the B3 is a great vocal mic. Just a tad too blah (which is why it works pretty well on a variety of sources). I think the 3035 would be better if you're only using it for vocals.

All of those mics would suck on kick, though.

The B3 isn't a vocal mic, although many vocals will sound good on it. It's a neutral sounding mic with 3 patterns, omni, uni and figure 8. More a multi purpose mic, a workhorse.

A kick mic is another story, I wouldn't advise anybody to use a Large Diaphragm Condensor mic inside a kick.

If you do a search for 'kick mic' and 'vocal mic' I suppose you'll find enough to spend an evening of reading.

ProJect said:
Hey,

Connor
Use the wildcard function - that is, search for Studio Projects B3*
and here are the results:
https://homerecording.com/bbs/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=574492&sortby=&sortorder=

ProJect said:
Hey,

Connor
If you want a vocal mic that can double as a kick mic... you might want to checkout some dynamic mics.

Back