Studio Project C1 or C3

I have the C3 now, I had a C1, they both sound the same in cardiod pattern.

The C3 has the benefit of being multi patterned if thats what you are after.

I also have a TLM103, on MY voice, the C1 and C3 sounds better, thats not the case with every voice though.

The C1/C3 are very good value mics...and I am very happy with mine.

I have never used a U87 so cant comment.

I would say this, any mic, regardless of manufacturer or price tag, will not suit all voices over all other microphones.

If you find a mic, that you like, for your voice, and you can afford it, buy it and stop searching...8)....

cheers

Wiz

I don't think they sound the same in cardioid at all. They are both nice mics at that price point but forget any comparisons made to an 87 or any other mic. Take it for what it is, a good mic for a small price

ryanhdd said:
Ok if you guys have not heard about these two mics. They are supposed to be very very good. Comparable to a U87. NO lie. I have been doing some research on these mics and man these things are the talk. Im looking to get one in the future. Just thought i would get the word out. Also if anyone has either one let me know what you think. Thanks

Could you post samples of your actual recordings using the Studio Projects C1 (or C3) and the Neumann U87? I'm assuming you've actually used these mics to make the statements you have made. But I could be wrong. Enlighten us.

Actually i have used a u87 in the past. I have never used the c1 or c3 though and i was just trying to get some others opinions. WEll i see that i have hit a bone with you. Im sorry. But im not doing to see whos dick is the bigest. because i really dont care. I was just reading a review of the c1 that Ted Perlman from ProRec did. Which for your enlightenment you can read also here is this address.
http://www.prorec.com/prorec/articles.nsf/articles/2CAB4F71AF9E2A1C86256A650081ECF9

and yeah full circles rock.

You should try posting the following in the Guitar/Bass forum and see what kind of response you get:

"Ok if you guys have not heard about it, there's this thing called a POD. It is supposed to be very very good. It recreates just about every vintage amp out there. NO lie. I have been doing some research on these and man these things are the talk. Im looking to get one in the future. Just thought i would get the word out. Also if anyone has one let me know what you think. Thanks"

:D

Back