Studio Power up/Power down

wyastarr

Basic question:

When I power down my set-up, I always get a piercing "BEEEooop" from the monitors.

My set up:

Event PS8 Actives
Spirit SX board
Yamaha MU90R tone generator
Yamaha controller
Mac

Everything but the computer is plugged into a Furman power conditioner. I've just been leaving each individual piece "on," then turning it all on or off with the furman. There's no on/off switch on the board.

Even if I turn the Events off themselves, I get the "BEEEooop."

Now, if this isn't hurting the monitors, I can live with it--it's piercing, but not real loud. I just wanted to be certain I'm doing everything correctly.

Thanks,
clark

I'm sure glad I got the passive Events... :)

those sorts of pops may not hurt the monitors but they scare the fuck out of my cats.

i get those noises thru my monitors if i turn anything off before cutting off the power amp (passive monitors)...now i always cut the amp off first, no problemo.....

Hmmmm....

I always follow the signal chain when turning things on and off. So when powering on, cpu first, then mixer, then monitor amp. Then reverse order when shutting down. That way nothing gets a "jolt"

ametth said:
I just leave everything on.

Is that okay to do with active monitors? To be honest, this is what I was planning on doing, at least for a month to see what the electric bill is like.

Back