Studio monitors (bass, active, and around 400 a pair) what do you suggest?

dkimcohn

What can someone recommend for a good studio monitor, that has a good kick for bass, so I dun have to get a subwoofer, mainly because my music is focused in a lot of dance and house.

in other words

looking for a an active monitor, around 400 dollars for pair, that has a kick ass bass, while not loosing much of other aspects of instruments.
I was checking monitors like yamahas, krk, yorkville's, and samson.
Anyone, with any ideas?

Thanks

Do

Rpk

Ijust picked up a set of RPK Rokit RP 8's for $300 from Musicians Friend. They don't have them listed at that price, but I got them to price match Guitar Center's sale last week.

well i would go with the bx8as. I have a pair now and they are pretty nice. Very clean even with the power amp all the way up. Can't hear any nasty noise. Good clarity as well. Especially for the price. That is the real thing... I mean if you want really sweet monitors then spend more... But i hear the budget thing, thats the reason i got the bx8as

i just picked up those krk rp8's as well. I went in for the rp5's, but was mildly underwhelmed (although they were great for the size and price imo). So I went for the rp8's. I can't say I know a lot about studio equipment, but I do know sound, and I've been listening to my CD's through them, and it sounds great. Very clear sounding, although I don't have much in the way of music with heavy bass. They're within your budget, so check 'em out. I got my pair for $250, so maybe you'll find a deal on them still (GC has them back at $250/piece I think)

i just recently got the KRK RP8's as well and am quite satisfied. very clear sound. i mean they arent amazing compared to HR824s, but for that price range (i got mine for $400 from guitar center, each for $175), they are a great purchase. it IS a little bassy for me, so i need to compensate for that, but if ur lookin for something with a little punch, u might want to look at those (although u generally want very clear, flat monitors when you buy them).

Back