Studio Gem, anyone?

beaverbiscuit

I know there have been several threads in the past regarding turnkey systems such as Soundchaser and Carillon. Recently I learned about Studio Gem, and I'm very interested in the Silver VII system. Anyone here know anything about 'em? I did a search here and turned up nada, so any info would be good. I already own Sonar and a Delta 66, so my interest lies in the system only, no extras (runs about $1700).

Later, y'all. ;)

Sky Blue Lou, thanks for the link. Is this system pre-assembled? Because I've read about the Pete Leoni RYO, and it seems like it would be good enough for what I'm doing (and cheaper than the other turnkey systems I've seen). I couldn't find any reference to it being pre-assembled, but I thought maybe you already know the answer.

Thanks for the replies, guys!

Is this system pre-assembled?
Yes.
Both Gem and Adk seem pricey to me. If you just need the system I would reccomend Advantage. I have a couple of Computers from them including an Intel P4 system for my studio. Both work great and I have not had any problems. You can configure almost any type of AMD or Intel system.
http://www.advantagepcinc.com/index.asp
:cool:
Dont buy a Motherboard without a 3 year warranty!!

duck said:
Yes.
Both Gem and Adk seem pricey to me. If you just need the system I would reccomend Advantage. I have a couple of Computers from them including an Intel P4 system for my studio. Both work great and I have not had any problems. You can configure almost any type of AMD or Intel system.
http://www.advantagepcinc.com/index.asp
Dont buy a Motherboard without a 3 year warranty!!
Okay, I'm looking at the website right now, and I'm playing with the Intel P4 system. How do you go about choosing the components to go into it? I mean, some of the choices are simple enough, but I have no idea what type of video card to select, or mainboard, or memory (I know I'd want 512, but not which type). Any pointers, dude?

video card to select, or mainboard, or memory
If this is for audio only almost any Agp video card will do. The Rdram memory is much more expensive and really not that much faster than fast Ddr ram from what I hear. I do have Rdram on my board though and its fast.
I didnt like the Choices of Motherboards they had on the Configurator. I like intel boards just because they are Intels specs to run with their processers. Thats not to say that Asus or others arent good. I made up a configuration on the P4 but it doesnt stay. I will give you a link to an Intel board that looks real good for a mid-priced system. You will have to ask advantage themselves about configuring a system around it.
http://www.advantagepcinc.com/moreinfo.asp?iid=1016
There is the New Hyperthreading processer which is out but it takes a different board than the one i gave you. This is for an Intel based system.
You May want to ask Slackmaster or someone else about a good AMD Motherboard. Slack and a few others swear by them. You may be able to save a few bucks with an AMD system.
Worry about your OS too. If you go Win XP make sure there are drivers for your soundcard ,etc:

Back