*Studio Doors Tune*

That's a well done recording. Like the vocal and guitar performances, skillful work and the vox have that 'classic rock' sound that you just cant imitate unless you have it.

I'd like to hear a little more top end definition on the bass and the kick drum sounds a little low to me. I can hear the snare fine, but i'm not feeling any thump from that kick in fact it really seems very low.

Great performances the whole thing works great. Gonna get myself a beer now.

HevyD,

Man that rocks, love the vox, and guitar!! Sounds like you had a lot of fun with this one.

Now the bad news, take that snare drum out in the alley and shoot it.

A snare with a good crack would have made this great recording outstanding.

Great work!!

GT:cool:

I wish you were my neighbor - your house must rock on the damned foundation!! cool jams - killer playing - but I gotta agree about the snare. Off to the frige..................
~Milan

I'm out in left field again...lol. I actually LOVE the snare...it sounds like a real snare...and in a song like "roadhouse," I mean, it just totally fits in my opinion.

2 things (and I'm getting pretty picky here)...but the top end of the guitar sounds too hyped...that's the only way I know how to say it...everything else about all the guitars, I love.

The other thing is the low end...I'm not sure if it's the low mids, or the really low stuff, but when I hit the bass boost on this, it's a LOT boomier than I think you're looking for. It's another one of those things that I can't really quantify with meter readings or anything...it just sounds to me like there's a ton of headroom getting eaten up down there low....

BTW - I got out of the you know what today, lol...so this listen was on monitors. YEAH!!!!!

Really, a super nice job that I think might just need some subtractive EQ to iron out a couple of hot spots.

Take care,
Chris

Thanks for the listen everyone.
By now I'm sure you have come to the conclusion that I post strictly for the attention........
I know it's sad, I should just get a gig...

Thanks for the tip Chris.
I've been using the near-field monitors but I tthink I need to get the big speakers operational as well for that final step in checking the mixes.
I kind of figured I might be inching the bass up a bit too much in some of my later mixes.
Of course all this cover-tune stuff was recorded a couple of years ago because I wasn't writing then so most of the tracking was done with the old soundcard.

BTW....Great to be back at home eh???
I think I have an idea how you must feel.
I'm even bald:D no staples though:)

Dan

I love that mean-assed matter-of-fact sounding guitar tone and touch. Vocal presentation too. The bass is ok but needs some more clarity and level, along with the kick. The rest of the drum kit sounds really "live" good to me. At the very end there`s some phase swishing in the cymbals. This is kickin HD..

The guitar playing and tone is outstanding. The snare is too muted and the kick is too far back.

But that guitar...what are you using to get that sound?

Back