Studio Construction Cost?

React

:confused: How much would it cost to make a "PROPER" wall for a studio.... theres already 3 walls im just concerned with how much it will cost for materials to make the Wall Across like so
^ ^ ^ ^
The wall that goes there including Glass and sound proofing for the room?! how much would this cost and would i need to consider making a double wall? :confused:

Thanx , React

Well, barely waiting one day and expecting many answers is rather silly. Not all of us read this forum all day, every day. I for one pass through here about twice a week as that's all I have time for.

And second, you've not provided enough information. Zero dimensions, zero information about the other three walls, zero information about ceiling height, zero information about what the wall is to be used for, zero information about the degree of isolation you'd like to achieve, zero information about budget.

It's like asking "my car broke, how much would it cost to fix?" without telling us the symptons, or even what kind of car it is.

You've got it all wrong about this forum React. We can tell you WHAT to use, WHERE to use it, and HOW to use it, but even if we knew the dimensions, how the hell can we tell you how much it will cost. Prices for materials can vary extremely. So can labor. Even permit fees can vary. We don't even know what COUNTRY you are in :rolleyes:
Its like this. Where I live, there are a set of "codes" for construction that everyone who obtains a permit must adhere to. One these "codes" stipulates there must be an electrical outlet in every wall, "x" amount of feet apart. This alone implys electrical work, should you obtain a permit. Unless you did the work itself, fees for an electrical contractor have to be figured into the cost of the wall. But just for the sake of illustration, lets assume you are where I live, and you are getting a permit. I'll estimate the wall is roughly 8' high, and 12' long. This is for materials to build one wall, with one layer of drywall. This assumes you will DIY. In other areas of the world, this could possibly triple or be less.
Permit fee. $50
(2) 2x4x12 (top and bottom plates.) $15
(10) 2x4x8' studs & fireblocking $40
(6) 5/8" x 4'x8' drywall sheets $40
Miscel. fasteners, tape, mud, text.etc $40

Electrical contractor. (guess) $150

Now, if you can't figure out from this estimate what it would REALLY cost for your wall, I suggest you get a contractor. THEY can tell you.

fitZ :)

Back