Stuck at square 2

SloppyJo

I'm at the end of my rope here- I can't seem to get my fireface ufx communicating properly with PT9.
My interface and monitors can playback the demo session that came with pro tools, but when i try to record something, the fireface picks up the gain from the mic, but pro tools doesn't pick up any gain.
If anyone can help me out, I will make said person my new god. I'm running OS X 7.

I don't own or use PT9, but on most recording software, when you "arm" a track to record you also have to choose which hardware input to use. Perhaps the track is listening to the wrong input by default.

I don't own or use PT9, but on most recording software, when you "arm" a track to record you also have to choose which hardware input to use. Perhaps the track is listening to the wrong input by default.

Probably the correct answer here ^^^.

I have the armed track input set to interface>input 1. I have my mic plugged into the first mic input (which is labeled as 9 on the interface). The metre in pt still isn't picking up

The only "9" input I have is under "bus" as opposed to "interface" in the input selection. I am a newb at this but I guesstimated that the interface option was the right one.
The fire face has 4 mic inputs, and the "interface" input selection on the track in pro tools gives me 4 input options labeled "input 1" through 4. The number of inputs under "bus" is around 30.

Next I would go to TotalMix Matrix and see where the siganl is being routed. TotalMix is the software that came with the RME Fireface. It assigns Hardware inputs/outputs to software inputs/outputs.

(I can't help you any further tonight. I've gotta run for now. Hope you work it out.)

Back