Stripped down electo kit

rockabilly

Hey there.

I live in an apartment and need to be able to record drums. I have been routinly suggested to electronic drums.

I have been researching up on some of the popular ones, and yeah, some do get up in price.

I dont need a full set for rockabilly. I just need the snare, bass drum, crash, and ride. Is it possible to buy only what I need, put it together and save a couple of hundred bucks?

Any suggestions?

Drumkit from Hell Superior. It sounds really good.

An electric kit may still piss off your neighbors because of all the whackin' and kickin' and such. If you're upstairs you will still be making a racket.

Sure. Check out musiciansfriend.com and look around. You can easily get a couple of pads and a way to get the info into your computer, and then assign samples. You can even build your own pads easily enough -- google around a bit, but it's basically putting piezo elements in cheap drum practice pads.

You could also take a look at the new alesis I/O (getting your hands on one might be tough though) and you can make your own pads if $$ is an issue. Or you can get rubber pads off ebay for cheap ($35 or so)

Back