Stripped Bare

twist

Hi. Long time no see. I've been gone for a few years, but I'd like to get back into recording down in the basement again. The age old problem for me. This mix sounds great on my system, but sounds different on every stereo I tried it on, and usually crappy. Any EQ suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
It's the first track, Stripped Bare.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/cgi-bin/show.cgi?templatefile=/www/nowhereradio/ai/mp3manager.htm&aid=2427&alid=-1&errors=<li>Add%2fUpdate%20successful<%2fli>

Twist

The instrument parts are pretty even, and they're spread out OK, but I'm hearing some distortion (scratchy) in the instruments. The vocal is just a little bit ssssy sounding. What really seems to be missing in the vocals is the consonant sounds. The note is there, but the word is a bit muffled. I've always heard that the speech recognition is in the range between 2K to 4K.

Thanks guys. I know I clipped the mix a few times, that's easily remedied. I will try the 2-4k range on the vocals. The insruments are what's giving me the most trouble though. Sounds good on my mixing system, but on other systems, the bass might be too boomy. On another system, the guitars might be too bright. On another everything sounds kinda muddy. Shouldn't I be able to get a better overall sound on various systems? Especially since it sounds really nice on my monitors. (Yorkvilles)

Thanks again.

Twist

Back