Strings

I recently switched to John Pearse Silk and Bronze on my Collings D2HG. I like GHS Burnished Nickel on my G&L and Gadow Teles.

I use only Elixir, great tone, great life. It says so on the box. They wouldn't make a statement like that if it wasn't true.

It depends on the guitar
D'addario acoustic medium for the dread, martins for the OM
Thomastik Blues slider 10s p90 Godin
D'addario half round super light in an ibanez HSS
Thomastik George Benson flats on a sweet arch top

Each guitar gets its own sound - I find one that suits the guitar ... I am nonpartisan but when I find the strings that suit the guitar I stick ... Find the strings that match your own voice with each guitar

Observation is one guitar will sound great with one set of strings for a solo but not with a particular singer - the real reason for more than 1 guitar

Try Optima - Acoustic Gold 12-52 (or other gauge set).
The best German quality in any aspect, and MUCH LONGER LIFE as any others.
Neutral sounding, you hear your guitar, not strings.
Frank Zappa had right taste in strings, Brian May too :)
And calculating $ per use time - the less expensive strings in market.
Buy from EU web-shops, much better pricing.

Try Optima - Acoustic Gold 12-52 (or other gauge set).
The best German quality in any aspect, and MUCH LONGER LIFE as any others.
Neutral sounding, you hear your guitar, not strings.
Frank Zappa had right taste in strings, Brian May too :)
And calculating $ per use time - the less expensive strings in market.
Buy from EU web-shops, much better pricing.
Dang $35. So I guess a question might be how much better can a set of string be?
And in which ways?
I know you said they last longer but the fact is strings get physically altered and worn as they are played for example..?

I fall into both crowds here, I guess. Ernie Balls on the electrics (9's on the regular and 11s on the drop), but D'Addario all the way for the bass (ENR71-5 half rounds) and the acoustic (Bronze Phosphor 11s).

D'Addario EXP16s [coated light gauge phosphor bronze] on my Breedlove [what they recommend]. I figured that was the sound I fell in love with when I played it in the store. That's how I want it to sound when I play it at home....
I liked the sound of the D'Addario phosphor bronze so much that is also the string I use on my Yamaha 12-string.

D'Addario EXP16s [coated light gauge phosphor bronze] on my Breedlove [what they recommend]. I figured that was the sound I fell in love with when I played it in the store. That's how I want it to sound when I play it at home....
I liked the sound of the D'Addario phosphor bronze so much that is also the string I use on my Yamaha 12-string.
I pretty much settled on the SP phosphor bronze. Do you think there's much dif between the Martins and D'Addario?

Back