strap slippage

Mox

I have a "V" knockoff that is very "head heavy", the only stap that I could find that is long enough (I'm 6 4) is a Ernie Ball nylon strap, well when you let go off the neck...viiiiiiiiiiiip there the guitar goes, points right to the floor!

What to do, What to do?

One trick I've heard (though I've yet to try it with my SG), is to strap a few batteries to the butt end of the guitar, on the strap. You could give that a shot...

Heavy Metal indeed!!

I saw pretty much the same thing that Acid Rain suggested, but done really nice (and simple) using a black nylon sheath from either a knife, a flashlight or pepper spray. ( you know, the kind with a belt loop and a velcro or snap shut opening ).
It was stiched and super glued to the strap. Inside the sheath the guy had a piece of stock steel a little bigger than a roll of quarters.
It was kind of away from the strap button, which I imagine was so the weight wasn't putting pressure on the strap button screw into the body.

:)

couldnt you just move the strap button holder thingy to even it out?

one of my friends did that but hes a sped and jacked it up. but hey i guess if you did it right then it would work

freak

The problem with that is filling/finishing the old hole, then drilling and replacing the new strap button, all the while hoping that it works... if you really know what you're doing, go for it, but I doubt you'd post this question if you really knew what you were doing in that regard.

All my guitars have custom made leather straps that cannot be adjusted. They are cut for me and my guitars exclusively.

I use 4" wide leather straps approximately 1/8" thick with Strap-Locks. The rough underside of the leather keeps the instrument perfectly placed and the wide strap is very comfortable during long sets.

I have them custom made for $30.00 at a leather shop. I dye them black myself and they last forever.

I tried one of the Ernie Ball Nylon Straps once. Even my Stratocaster rotates towards the floor with that one, not to mention my Hamer Standard.

I hope this information is helpful...Bert

Back