stompbox switch question

danw

cheap bastard
Hi folks,

I just bought a used Snarling Dogs bass wah, which turned out to be broken when I got it home. I don't know what else is wrong with it, but it almost certainly has a bad switch, since the effect doesn't seem to turn off. It's a 6-pin switch. Is there any reason to suspect it's something other than the standard DPDT stomp switch? I haven't been able to get any information from the manufacturer, so I was just going to order one of these.

should be a standard latching dpdt switch. If there's no led, its true bypass. If there is an led, its probably not true bypass. If its the second one (led), you can get a 3PDT switch and make it true bypass while keeping the led.

Thanks guys, precisely the information I was looking for. There's an LED, so I'll probably go ahead and get the 3PDT and do the mod while I'm in there.

should be a standard latching dpdt switch. If there's no led, its true bypass. If there is an led, its probably not true bypass. If its the second one (led), you can get a 3PDT switch and make it true bypass while keeping the led.

My Fulltone Deluxe Clyde wah pedal has an LED and is true bypass.

My Fulltone Deluxe Clyde wah pedal has an LED and is true bypass.

with a dpdt? You can do it that way, but its slightly more annoying as you have to add a little circuit in there. I haven't bothered to look up the SD BW, so who knows wtf is going on in there.

with a dpdt? You can do it that way, but its slightly more annoying as you have to add a little circuit in there. I haven't bothered to look up the SD BW, so who knows wtf is going on in there.
I passed right over the part where he said the switch has six pins - please forget I said anything. :)

Back