Stir it up cover

nice keys and backing Rich....vocals are a bit out of tune, I hate mentioning that because Ive done an entire song out of tune and couldnt hear it (still cant) but you miss more than hit in parts, its maybe too high a key??...the skanking guitar is a bit thin so at times its is just sounding like a click or a scratch...try EQing more bottom end in it or try a flanger maybe, that generally sorts out any skanking guitars I record

other than those two I think its pretty solid, drums, keys, and bass sound great

Thanks buddy
I know what you mean when i think about it.
I'll try the eq tip and flanger trick.
I did know that some vocals are off key but was too goddam lazy to redo it.
I wasnt going to do any vocals at all initially but decided to do a scratch vocal with the same gls es57 mic i recorded the guitar combo and bass with just to see.
I should rerecord all the vocals and guitars really with a better mic.
Thanks for the critique
Rich

Hey Rich. I like this. Nice vibe for sure.

I'd maybe make more out of the organ/keys.
I see what Kcearl is talking about; It's high for sure.
I've recorded whole songs in the past before I've realised they're out of my range! lol.

Any tape use in this???

Thanks Steeno
Sorry to say no tape use on this Rita (my revox) is still in the sick bay.
Had a bit of an update today though apparently she plays back fine (no word on recording side) The tape tech says he's still got to callibrate it for my preffered tape (Quantergy 478) but he has other jobs on too. Which is way better than the original prognosis.
Hopefully she will ive again soon fingers crossed then i can retrack the guitars and vocals with some tape colour too.
Might even throw up my ribbon mic just to see how that feels on tape. (inspired by your ribbon vocal recordings).
maybe even rerecord in a lower key too.
It was such fun to do.
Thanks for listening and the critique. Taken on board.

Jah Mon Tis is so nice.

Other than what was all ready said Rich I would add a bunch more backing vocals to the existing one.

Jah Mon Tis is so nice.

Other than what was all ready said Rich I would add a bunch more backing vocals to the existing one.

I hope it doesnt hurt my pocket too. If it cost too much he might as well say "It cost you a kick in the nutz."
Thanks moresound I may well do that too. Just for the heck of it.

Love the song and you did a nice job overall. Marley is one of my guilty pleasures. I don't listen to him nearly enough, but when I do I like it. The vocals are a disaster though. I think you needed the music in a lower key. Mix sounds decent though.

Thanks Greg. I'm just pleased to hear from you mate i thought you'd been banned again haha
Appreciate the honesty.
I'll try and do some more backing vocals too.
I'm rerecording a semitone lower and if that dont work i'll do the Barry white version.

Just my opinion kip, but try strumming and singing the chorus in a few different keys before you commit.
I'm just worried a semitone might not be enough?

I tried it in G and the lows notes where so low It nearly killed it. When i get it done i'll post it back up in the new key with more backing vocals and maybe even a bit of percussion for variety. then we'll see what you think i have to say it was easier to sing but im still not overly happy with some lines.

Back