Sticks & Cymbals........

Salabim

G'day everyone...

Ok, I'm playing with wooden tip sticks and im finding that they are leaving alot of marks on my cymbals, in particualr, the small more rounded tipped sticks rather than the oval shaped heads.

whats the best way of getting rid of the marks off the cymbals?

cheers
Tim

a lot of drummers i know just leave em on..it doesnt affect the sound none...unless you wanna get into all the techie side of things like the harmonics etc but overall their is no noticable difference...the only reason to remove them is for asthetics....all you need is some cymbal clean cream..its available from all drum retailers/most good music shops....just make sure you buy the same brand cream as you use cymbals as each manufacturer treats their cymabals with various chemicals to alter the finish etc and each manufacturer usually creates thier own finishing formula's so........:D that any good to ya?

yeah...
thats pretty much what i have been doing...buying some sabian creamy shit. I just like me cymbals to look nice...

cheers

no probs..personally i prefer the old worn look but hey its all down to personal choice it the end..besides im too lazy to clean the damn things...dont get me wrong i care for my gear but cleanin cymbals aint my bag..i just want a tech

Just fyi. If you are concerned about the appearance and you are planning on making a habit of cleaning them. You also might want to make a habit of avoiding playing on the logos. Typically the cleaners remove the paint or whatever they use as well as the marks so you don't want to clean that area if you can avoid it.

Back