stereo

nord

ok, ive got a stereo duet

one voice is recorded on the left and one on the right
i want to make one side disappear and the other go to both left and right sides
this will make the first ever karaoke track thats actually decent quality!

i reckon this should take seconds to do

this is the track i`m intersted in;

nord

ok, ive got a stereo duet

one voice is recorded on the left and one on the right
i want to make one side disappear and the other go to both left and right sides
this will make the first ever karaoke track thats actually decent quality!

i reckon this should take seconds to do

this is the track i`m intersted in;

nord

I had no trouble dropping it into Wavelab and seeing a stereo mix. Just sum to mono and you're done. I assume you are paying the Mechanical Rights to the copyright owners AND the performance publisher if you are going to distribute it? You need to pay TWICE with karoake tracks. (Or at least get permission in writing.) I occasionally get someone through the studio here that wants to record over tracks and I insist that they do it legally. That usually sends them away for good. Once I did have someone pay to do it right. No creativity, no input....it was a job from hell. The client left happy but I ran screaming through the woods for hours.

I had no trouble dropping it into Wavelab and seeing a stereo mix. Just sum to mono and you're done. I assume you are paying the Mechanical Rights to the copyright owners AND the performance publisher if you are going to distribute it? You need to pay TWICE with karoake tracks. (Or at least get permission in writing.) I occasionally get someone through the studio here that wants to record over tracks and I insist that they do it legally. That usually sends them away for good. Once I did have someone pay to do it right. No creativity, no input....it was a job from hell. The client left happy but I ran screaming through the woods for hours.

i`m not going to distribute it or sing on it, its got elvis on it for christs sake therefore its officially 'done'

and i still havent figured out how to do it though

how much do you have to pay just as a matter of interest?

nord

As long as you don't sell or distribute your humming, it's OK. ;)

ive always wondered if artists have to pay if they cover a song at live gigs?
what about the resulting live album?
what if i accidently have a tape recorder in my pocket on the front row?
what if you use bittorrent, are you actually actively distributing?
what if i sang an existing song tommorow and just put it on you tube, will the police come and take me away?

nord

It should only be a matter of panning to one side (the side you want to keep) and export it as a mono track. :)

1 and 2: I don't think you need to pay cover if you play it live. But if you record it (even if it's a recording of the gig).

3 and 4: That's bootlegging and normally not legal.

5: I don't think the police will bother, but a record company might...

i looked to see if i had an export---> mono track and there was an option export---->split mono
which exported it as two files;

one left audio (but now left and right)
one right audio (but now left and right)

i dont think i`d class myself as a professional just yet though

its great listening to just one side and imagining the other!

do you or anyone else know any more songs that i can do this with?

nord

ive always wondered if artists have to pay if they cover a song at live gigs?
The musician doesn't, but the venue owner does.
what about the resulting live album?
Yep, that would be on you.
what if i accidently have a tape recorder in my pocket on the front row?
Don't get caught, especially in the front row where the singer/copyright owner can see you.
what if you use bittorrent, are you actually actively distributing?
Isn't that the nature of bittorrent?
what if i sang an existing song tommorow and just put it on you tube, will the police come and take me away?

I think that would be considered a public performance. But who's going to sift through the millions of pathetic entries on You Tube to look for infringed material? :D

Back