Stereo WAV file into n-track

digitcallous

Can a stereo WAV file be imported into n-track? If it is possible, does n-track show 2 separate tracks once the file is loaded and I can then manipulate each individually?

I don't have n-track yet, so I can't experiment to find out. I need this functionality for something I plan to do.

Thanks.

DC

Yes, you can. It can be imported as ONE stereo file. There's even a drag-and-drop feature on it, where you can drag outside stereo/mono wav. files into the software.

Cool, huh? :D

Thanks for the quick answer. I need one more specific bit of info, if you don't mind.

Once I have imported the stereo WAV file into n-track, can I write out two mono WAV files, one for each channel from the file I just imported?

Thanks.

DC

I'm pretty sure you can. In fact, I know you can. However, I'm at work right now, but I can check up on that when I get home.

Digit - I the split wav works great. I had a stereo wav I needed to import into track 5/6 on the MR-8 and was able to split it in n-Track in about 15 seconds.

Digit and guys,

If you are using Ntrack default track naming, be careful when splitting files.. Let me explain.

If you have track_1.wav, and you split it to track_1l.wav and track_1r.wav, then remove the original file, you can then re-record track_1.wav since it no longer exists...

Now if you choose to split that track also, 1l and 1r get overwritten. Ntrack doesnt check to see if they exist before splitting.

What I do is hit 'don't delete' when asked that question about the original stereo track. Takes a bit more space on the drive, but at least tracks are safe..

Some people set the option to ask them to name each track recorded to keep this from happening.

Hope I explained this well...

Tom

Back