Stereo Pair of 603s?

teetopkram said:
Greetings - does anyone have experience with this ebay vendor selling this item? They are advertised as stereo pairs, but does this mean they are "matched?" If so, this seems a whale of a deal... still not sure I need matched mikes anyway given my meager set-up, but its a great deal if so.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41466&item=7307675865&rd=1

thanks.

Mark

Yup, I bought mine from musician's advocate. They are a matched stereo pair (product # MXL 603SPR) in a sealed box. It is a good deal (basically $10 more than buying separate singles, plus you get the box and shockmounts -- a no-brainer if you ask me). Very few places are still selling them at that price.

BTW, I am in no way affilliated with Musician's Advocate, Ebay, or any other organization that sells or distributes audio merchandise. I just like the mics.

No... but, I've bought many other mics from musician's advocate and I'm happy customer.

So what's with musicians advocate prices vs what they sell on e-bay? Demo products go to e-bay? Nice prices though. I don't do e-bay, and was wondering what I could be missing.

:confused:

Tonio said:
So what's with musicians advocate prices vs what they sell on e-bay? Demo products go to e-bay? Nice prices though. I don't do e-bay, and was wondering what I could be missing.

:confused:

I bought mine from ebay and they were sealed and came with a certificate from MXL. I don't think they were demos. The last time I checked, they don't sell this pair on their regular website, though (www.musiciansadvocate.com).

If you don't ebay, I think macmidimusic still sells the pair for $199. http://www.macmidimusic.com/prod.itml/icOid/4671

I have not dealt with them personally, though.

Others have already alluded to this, but if it comes in a case with shockmounts then they are matched pairs, and were matched by the Marshall/MXL factory not the dealer.

scubs, yeah I didn't see it on their official site either. :cool:
T

scrubs said:
I bought mine from ebay and they were sealed and came with a certificate from MXL. I don't think they were demos. The last time I checked, they don't sell this pair on their regular website, though (www.musiciansadvocate.com).

If you don't ebay, I think macmidimusic still sells the pair for $199. http://www.macmidimusic.com/prod.itml/icOid/4671

I have not dealt with them personally, though.

Alexi said:
hi there,

i would prefer the beyer mce530 over the mxl 603's, the beyers are great but since i live in europe they might have not been hyped enough over the pond.

cheers

I just did a quick online search and couldn't find any US retailers. I'll keep an eye out, though. Thanks for the tip.

Thanks

thanks for all the help. I checked out the pair at midimusic and they are 603S pair. My understanding was that they had to be 603SPRs in order to be the factory matched. Is this correct?

On the Musician's Advocate web listing, they do have an option to "Submit Best Offer" - so maybe they'd take less than $199.

Thanks again.

teetopkram said:
thanks for all the help. I checked out the pair at midimusic and they are 603S pair. My understanding was that they had to be 603SPRs in order to be the factory matched. Is this correct?

On the Musician's Advocate web listing, they do have an option to "Submit Best Offer" - so maybe they'd take less than $199.

Thanks again.

My understanding is, if they come in the aluminum case with the shock mounts, they are the matched pair. You can always call the vendor to clarify.

teetopkram said:

Thanks again.
Yes, the Marshall MXL 603SPR is the "matched stereo pair"... but like scrubs suggested... it might be a good idea to call the vendor and make double sure.

Back