Stereo Monitor Speakers

HyperAXISZ2

Something I'm confused about - you know those speakers that are included with stereo systems? The wiring and hookup from the speakers to the stereo is different than a standard computer speaker to a computer. With your computer speaker, you have your 1/8'' jack... but with stereo speakers, you have your wires. Is there any way to plug these speakers into your computer, such as an adapter to convert the signal from the wires into a 1/8'' output that can be plugged into your pc?

I'd like to use these speakers as studio monitors... idk if that's possible though... :confused:

home speakers don't really qualify as monitors but if that's all you got...........

are your speakers powered or are you using a amp or amp/reciever? an 1/8" jack to rca adapter is probably what you need.

this might be useful if you need to hack something up:

Attachments

• jack35stereo.gif
    jack35stereo.gif
    852 bytes · Views: 82
NO, you can't plug your stereo speakers into the sound card.

You CAN plug the soundcard into the integrated amplifier of your stereo...

TravisinFlorida said:
home speakers don't really qualify as monitors but if that's all you got...........:

i'm surprised you'ld be spouting this crap... and it is... while it's all a matter of degrees there's really no difference in the components used in "speakers"and "monitors" we just like to feel superior and allow manuf's to fuck us accordingly.... a bad speaker and a bad monitor are both bad.... the minor diff is a bad monitor would have you believe they at least made anattempt to be accurate or revealing... a bad speaker throws all caution to the wind and hypes accordingly....

dementedchord said:
i'm surprised you'ld be spouting this crap... and it is... while it's all a matter of degrees there's really no difference in the components used in "speakers"and "monitors" we just like to feel superior and allow manuf's to fuck us accordingly.... a bad speaker and a bad monitor are both bad.... the minor diff is a bad monitor would have you believe they at least made anattempt to be accurate or revealing... a bad speaker throws all caution to the wind and hypes accordingly....

I'm surprised too. Live and learn. :eek:

Let me rephrase that. Use what ever works for you. Better? :D

Amp Wise said:
Use the integrated amplifier of your stereo, man. To know more about interesting integrated amps, read the MA2275 Integrated Amplifier Catalog.

Your spam is getting very annoying. You are single-handefly giving McIntosh a bad name. If you work for them, I hope they fire you.

Back