Stereo Channels using FX tracks

tamky

I notice when using assigning a stereo audio track to an effect (using the insert effect option) you seem to lose the ability to pan the audio track in the stereo image. I.e., moving the pan line right or left has no affect. The sound stays centered.
Am I doing something wrong here or is that normal?

When you're using stereo tracks, you can't pan them in a strict sence anyway. On the Cubase mixer, for stereo tracks, you have 3 choices for panning. Balance panner, Stereo Dual panner and Stereo Combined panner. The Balance panner doesn't pan anything, it just changes the relative volume between the left and right channels. With the other two you can actually change the position of the left and right channels, thus altering the stereo width. If the balance panner doesn't work as you want it, try the other two. Just right-click on the pan control and select either the Combined panner or the Dual panner.

noisewreck said:
When you're using stereo tracks, you can't pan them in a strict sence anyway. On the Cubase mixer, for stereo tracks, you have 3 choices for panning. Balance panner, Stereo Dual panner and Stereo Combined panner. The Balance panner doesn't pan anything, it just changes the relative volume between the left and right channels. With the other two you can actually change the position of the left and right channels, thus altering the stereo width. If the balance panner doesn't work as you want it, try the other two. Just right-click on the pan control and select either the Combined panner or the Dual panner.
Dear noise - thanks much. I was aware of that but hadn't thought to ty it. Thanks for reminding me.

Back