Stems …. Using RipX

elsiebear

Hi all . I'm new to both this forum and to STEMS. I am using RipX to rip my stems and my DAW is Ableton live.

As anyone knows the success rate with ripping stems is a bit hit and miss. Sometimes the main instrument stem/track comes out badly ...words to describe the sound would be very fussy, phasey, broken up, space-age, clipped etc. (if you know you know !)

SO what I want to know is what post ripping effects do people apply to even out this problem. I have a bit of luck with heavy EQ but I'm sure there must be way more I can try

There are a couple of amazing you tubers who achieve spectacular results from Carpenters,Olivia Newton John, ABBA, Queen tracks etc so I know there is a better way out there

Any help would be wonderful ....thanks

In Reaper, I can select the tracks to "render", and the format to render them to (WAV, MP3, etc). eazy-peazy

Didn't realize you were talking about ripping stems out of completed songs/mixes, since you mentioned Ableton.

Last edited:
I was unaware of this software till you posted your question but this video on their site seems to indicate that their Deep Audio software is to be used to clean up the stems that Ripx makes...Interesting software.....the opportunity to grab what you want from any audio file out there is pretty crazy and the possibilities are endless...Oh shit another rabbit hole to go down...Just what I need....Nooooooooo!........Then again I remember when there was no such thing as winamp or what winamp led to which is Reaper...audio tools...so cool.

I was unaware of this software till you posted your question but this video on their site seems to indicate that their Deep Audio software is to be used to clean up the stems that Ripx makes...Interesting software.....the opportunity to grab what you want from any audio file out there is pretty crazy and the possibilities are endless...Oh shit another rabbit hole to go down...Just what I need....Nooooooooo!........Then again I remember when there was no such thing as winamp or what winamp led to which is Reaper...audio tools...so cool.

Uh oh...
I feel $100 evaporating from my wallet...

Back