steingberg cubase sx3

idrisguitar

i want this for my setup, it will provide me with everything i want and is the main reason i know it is worth switching form a standalone eight track to pc recording,

because there will a lot of sound can play aorund with, the question that i have is, i can only afford £300 to pay for it, but cant find it for that price anywhere

(im in the uk) if anyone knows where i can get it for £300 or cheaper i wopuld really appreiciate it

i have a question about expanding the range of midi sounds available for cubase over the default sound that come with the program (to play through the midi keyboard.) what do i look for when i want to buy more midi instruments....like for exmaple, more orchestral instrumental, or eclectronica sound that again can be played through the midi keyboard.

as i have seen many plug ins that are guitar effects......does cubase come with guitar effect as default....or is the onyl way to get effect for the guitar through plug ins. i havenl;t seen many plug ins for new midi sounds,

here is the site for all the free guitar effect VSTs

guitar effect VSts (free)

basically primarily i want to know how to get new midi instruments and how to install them for cubase......however if you can tlel me a bbit about this guitar effcts VST plug ins i would be grateful as i would love to be abel to have basically my own effect processor through cubase itsefl instead of an external effect pedal.

as you can tell im a beginner but i want to make sure everything is there befor ei go out and spend a lot,

before anyone recommends any other cheaper program, while im sure it will be good i hav researched cubase quite a lot and i feel it has the features and worth to last me for five year (or forever if they keep updating it (as the updates will be cheaper) :)

it will be used for instrumental songs so there will be more midi tracks that real audio tracks....which is why it is important to have a program that has all angles covered (i will be programmings drum too :))

hope you guys can help

Last edited:
i think its a good piece of software but i just dont want to miss out on anything,

i know im weird but in the end i will buy sx 3, cause i want lal the features i can get,

even if sl3 has mainly all the features iw ill imidiaely use i think in ht elong sx3 is the better buy,

i have research VSTs and VSTIs how do in know if a certain sound library will be compatible with cubase (what format should the VSTi be?

anyway thanks for your reply, i will look more into it, but i think my final decision will be cubase sx 3.

by the wya if i buy cubase sx 3 new what should i be getting with it? (dongle, usb key?)

Check ebay. You can find used copies but make sure you are buying an UNREGISTERD version with DONGLE. Thats the only way your going to have a legit one. Any thing thats say no dongle is pirated copy

okay will do

what about this i hear about a usb key, does this come as standard wiht the software or is it a seperate thing you can buy (as you need a ubs key to register on the cubase forums)...

Back