Steinberg Forum Downtime

Guillermo N

Dear Steinberg Forum users,

As many of you have noticed, our forums have been closed over the weekend and for the time being they remain closed. The reason for this is that we ran into some strange spam posts and inconsistencies (possibly due to an attack), but we are not sure.

As a consequence, we were forced to rebuild the forum; we hope we can go online some time this week. We will run on the latest phpBB version, which will make it easier to create an account and understand the forums.
On the bright side, we will use this time to restructure the forums and move some categories which previously wasn't possible.

We apologies for the inconvenience, and I hope to see you on our forums soon!

Best regards,
GN

I did notice! I was wondering what the deal was with no forewarning or anything. Do we know a date it will be back, cuz I've been checking every now and then.

Hello Bane01,

Since yesterday at 12:00 PM (CET) it is back online.
There was just one hiccup. Due to the fact that we decided to remove the connection between MySteinberg and this forum completely, we had to switch back to the phpBB account system which removed the passwords for your accounts.

To use your old accounts again, please use your forum nick name and request a new temporary password ("I forgot my password")which you can then change again in the user control panel. The MySteinberg user name is not applicable here!

Also, the avatars are gone, so please upload them again using the user control panel.

Please excuse this inconvenience!

Best regards,
GN

Back