Stealthpedal - IK Multimedia B&S

Pinky

and The Brain...
Disclaimer: This has a semi-happy ending (?)

[Original Text and pics below]

Looks like my usb interface asio might be interfering with the IK ASIO drivers, which is why it's powering off and not working. I figured this out on my own after I stepped away for a bit, unboxed the pedal, verified what I thought I knew, then proceeded to use it fine as a midi controller in Amplitube.

Worried about the 'open box' symptoms below, but it seems fine and as long as I get a green light from Sweetwater that my 2 year warranty is valid I'll probably just keep it.

It's so rare anyone gets a defective product out of the box I just had to revisit this one more time. Glad I did.

[Original Post]

Finally got my backordered Stealthpedal to arrive from Sweetwater (2+ weeks).

Upon opening the box I noticed the seal had been taped over/resealed, and inside there was a second product activation card. Then after unwrapping the pedal I noticed a small scratch on the footpedal and a dirty spot or stain on the rubber (both of these minor cosmetic issues).

So I thought I may be dealing with a refurbished unit sold to me as new. Connected everything anyway (why not?), and of course it doesn't work. No sound. I could hear the low buzz of circuitry, but nothing coming from the guitar even when I unplugged/reconnected to the 1/4" input jacks (usually you hear something). So no output from the headphone jack, nor any through signal on the 2 other line outs. Then I noticed the power light was clicking off arbitrarily (staying on for 10 seconds, or a few minutes). Computer did see the device while it was powered on. Didn't get a single note of playback with it though.

I put my request in for a refund with Sweetwater, so a few more days wait to send it back.

I really only need a midi volume/wah controller to interface with Amplitube. Any suggestions?

IK's TRacks and Amplitude products are very good. But man, this stings.

Stealthy_IK_Multimedia1.jpg

Stealthy_IK_Multimedia2.jpg

Last edited:
Back