"Stay"

The song: I like this one a lot. I like the way it moves and feels.

The mix: those reverb tails pile up a lot in places. What are your thoughts on that?

The song: I like this one a lot. I like the way it moves and feels.

The mix: those reverb tails pile up a lot in places. What are your thoughts on that?
thanks for listening dobro...
yea, the reverb, that's intentional.

it's actually more delay tails...
i was looking for a very diffuse sound,
as this song sits between two completely different sounding songs,
it is a bit of a sonic standout in comparison.

Stay

i see, a bolt of lightning
in the sky
the energy, it covers me, i wouldn't lie

i want to hold it,
want to breathe it
let it take me away

mystery of the beating heart,
holds us at sway
i'm gonna pray for another day
stay

all the roads lead up the canyon
to a higher place
away from the rat's race
look at my face, look at my face
i'm smiling

the air is thinner
but the mind is clearer
and all that came before
has come nearer
stay

stay, again, is for my mother.... when she died early one morning, heart attack, they kept her on life support til i could get there later that night....
i felt guilty about that... but didn't know what else to do, in a panic..

the idea of hoping someone would 'stay', and wishing they could, but knowing they can't.... that's what this song is about.

It's the 'look at my face, it's smiling' line that's the heartbreaker. The context makes the lyrics more transparent, but they work on their own, too.

an introspective funk boogie written after my mum passed.

Reminds me of David Crosby (in a good way) - the way you weave the vocals independent of the music - I don't really hear a funk going on - it's more like Peter Gabriel style song. It's really good IMO.

It's the 'look at my face, it's smiling' line that's the heartbreaker. The context makes the lyrics more transparent, but they work on their own, too.
yep, that's a tough one.
don't think i made it thru that one with a dry face.

Reminds me of David Crosby (in a good way) - the way you weave the vocals independent of the music - I don't really hear a funk going on - it's more like Peter Gabriel style song. It's really good IMO.
hey papa nate! wow, david crosby... he's def got some influences stuck in the bat craw...
the funk is in the drum beat. but funk is kinda like when you ask someone what kind of music they like, and they say country rock.
heheh
and they mean neil young.
:LOL:

Back