Starting to Record

SolvoRock

Im just getting into recording, so im going to need to get some more mics. Right now I have 4 to 5 crappy mics ($6 each!) and 1 Sure SM 57. Im thinking im going to buy an Alesis MultiMix 16 to start recording. We are going to need to record 2 horns, drums, 2 guitars, 1 bass and vocals. I dont really know much about mics, but I'd really like to learn. Thanks for your help.

Im just getting into recording, so im going to need to get some more mics. Right now I have 4 to 5 crappy mics ($6 each!) and 1 Sure SM 57. Im thinking im going to buy an Alesis MultiMix 16 to start recording. We are going to need to record 2 horns, drums, 2 guitars, 1 bass and vocals. I dont really know much about mics, but I'd really like to learn. Thanks for your help.

Good luck on your quest.

But seriously, did you ask a question there?

yeah... ive looked through that some already, i guess i could keep looking, i was just looking for some advice as to what are a couple of generally good mics to have.

1- LDC CAD M179 is nice to begin your mic collection or AT 4040 or Rode nt2a or something (you could get a pair of CADs and use them for overheads)
2- SDC's Marshall 603, Oktava MK012 pairs used for overheads and acoustic instruments
3- Kick mic AKG 112, Beta 52 EV RE 20
4- Anyribbons ou can lay your hands on for cabs and vox
5- Get an SM7 for your utility infielder (great on anything but needs a lot of gain)
6- Beyer 201 (great little dynamic for cabs or snare)

Now................about the rest of your signal chain......lol the saga begins......

Back