Startin Off Learnin

c_murduh187

Aiight, Im tryin ta learn how ta make beatz. I wanna know wat to do to start off makin them. Im usin Fruity Loops right now, and im learnin. Im workin on gettin a keyboard, but i wanna know wat n-e-1 uses to make them and how. Let me know.....

Wat in da hell did u jus say?!?!?

Not sure what a n-e-1 is (guess I'm getting old).

As far as making beatz goes, you might do yourself a favor, and look around for some drumming tutorials as far as learning beatz. You kinda gotta know at least the basics of drumming and how a measure is formed (various note lengths, rests, and so forth). For example a standard Four-On-The-Floor: Bass drum every quarter-note, Hi-Hat every eighth-note, Snare on 2nd and 4th quarter-note. There are so many variations of styles.

You might try to find some drum-tab of your favorite songs, and listen to the album and follow along. Also get yourself a how-to-be-a-drummer book. Seriously!!! Get some sticks, and find something to bang on (anything will do). If you can think like a drummer, and understand the expressions and limitations of a drummer, you will make far more incredible beatz, in your computer. Sorry I couldn't be more specific.

Back