Starchaser. Rock song by The Story of the Sun

TSOTS

Hey everyone.
This song is called Starchaser. We have spent a good deal of time mixing this. Wanted to see what you all think about the mixing and/or the song.
Thanks for your time!

I'm in a meeting now, so can't listen, but what have you changed since the last time you posted this song?

At times the rhythm is off. Speeds up and slows down. Perhaps not. Or there was too much going on. How many instruments are mixed together? I like when the composer plays many instruments. It widens the perspective.

It sounds nice. What band have you isolated, or are focusing on? It works for the style.

Don't say the word 'love' in a song. It is an unwritten rule. Saying the word love costs too much.

Last edited:
At times the rhythm is off. Speeds up and slows down. Perhaps not. Or there was too much going on. How many instruments are mixed together? I like when the composer plays many instruments. It widens the perspective.

It sounds nice. What band have you isolated, or are focusing on? It works for the style.

Don't say the word 'love' in a song. It is an unwritten rule. Saying the word love costs too much.
Yeah great ears. Rhythm is off a bit and we debated re-recording but we might just let it ride for now secondary to time constraints. Overall however, how do you think the quality of the mix is?

Nice kick and low end is smooth. The mix sounds fairly balanced really. I might wetten the drums slightly, maybe the OH mic. The snare is fine, but am wanting a more trebly crack with some more OH space to it. Nice chromatic switchup at the 2:07 mark. Very 90s punk/alternative nostalgia vibe - you guys delivered your goal. How long you guys been recording? Are they real drums? Do you mix and master everything yourself?

Back