Star Wars VII - The Force Awakens Trailer

Mr Clean

AKA Teddy Wong
The official trailer out today. Looks pretty good to me from what I can tell from 88 seconds. I love the original trilogy but thought the prequels were shite. Hope that these are better than the latter although I can't really see how they can be any worse.

I#m looking forward to seeing the film next year anyway.....:thumbs up:

All the usual suspects, it has, but without obiwan or yoda, the story lacks a certain something. Herh herh herh.

I think now the Lucas is no longer directing, Star Wars can get back being cool again. Just this trailer reminded me of the original. Lucas' creation was great, but Spielberg made the original three really good.

Looking forward to seeing if the franchise can get its mojo back with new blood.

What Greg said. First and foremost, the Star Wars movies are kids movies. That's why we think ja-ja binks is the worst character in any movie ever. We can't relate to him, yet my kids still laugh at him.

While I'll love the technical history behind the films and how it broke new ground, I can only handle watching a Star Wars movie about once a month.

While I'll love the technical history behind the films and how it broke new ground, I can only handle watching a Star Wars movie about once a month.

I am not sure how to understand this, once a month is a lot. :confused:

Love the shot of the X-Wings around 45 secs. Looking hawt. Yeah I'm pretty excited for this movie but it's somewhat dampened by the fact that it's still like a year away lol

I would be excited if I was 8 and it was 1982.

Can you not locate your inner child? I'm a big kid and love kids films. ;)

I think now the Lucas is no longer directing, Star Wars can get back being cool again. Just this trailer reminded me of the original. Lucas' creation was great, but Spielberg made the original three really good.

Looking forward to seeing if the franchise can get its mojo back with new blood.

I think there's a good chance of it. Just the fact that they are filming a lot of it using similar methods to the originals will help to get a better feel. The 2nd trilogy was CGI gone mental. I was too over the top and spoilt it for me.

I don't actually watch it once a month, but if I had to....

Once a month would probably be too much for me too. :thumbs up:

Love the shot of the X-Wings around 45 secs. Looking hawt. Yeah I'm pretty excited for this movie but it's somewhat dampened by the fact that it's still like a year away lol

It's nice to and will be nice to see some familiarity in the new films. The X Wings and the Millennium Falcon look great. I also think the new Sith's Light Saber looks great although all I read is that it's stupid looking and impractical. Impractical? Come on, it's a fucking make believe film.

A year is a long wait but I hope that the new film does IV, V & VI justice. :thumbs up:

I think its going to be brilliant...the sequels werent just kids movies, Lucas had lost his way...the scripts were tired, the action relied on CCG too much, and other than McGregor and Neeson, the cast was uninspired

I think the new films will kick ass...Ive enjoyed most of the reboots recently

I watched all six on blu ray in one day not that long ago...its took a bottle of vodka and ordered in pizza, and I think I dozed off a few times, but I made it ;)

Look, no one is more childish than I am. After growing up on the real Star Wars movies, there's no way they're gonna top them.

Absolutely agree. The original trilogy will never be bettered. I'm just interested to see what became of our old heroes.

I think its going to be brilliant...the sequels werent just kids movies, Lucas had lost his way...the scripts were tired, the action relied on CCG too much, and other than McGregor and Neeson, the cast was uninspired

I think the new films will kick ass...Ive enjoyed most of the reboots recently

I watched all six on blu ray in one day not that long ago...its took a bottle of vodka and ordered in pizza, and I think I dozed off a few times, but I made it ;)

I'm currently watching them from the start. Phantom Menace is done. I actually quite enjoyed it for possibly the first time last night. Some proper awful characters in it though. The CGI is pants.

What I consider the worst film next. Attack Of The Clones. I think I'll need more than Vodka to get me through that film.

:thumbs up:

Absolutely agree. The original trilogy will never be bettered. I'm just interested to see what became of our old heroes.

I did actually like the third prequel when darth vader became darth vader because it finally filled all of the gaps and tied up all the loose ends.

I just hope they get people who can act. The twerp who played Anakin in the prequels is one of the worst actors I've seen.

I also hope it won't be in 3-D.

By the time this thing finally hits theaters it's gonna be so bloated and overhyped that there's no way it lives up to expectations and then everyone's gonna bitch about it. Internet nerd losers are already bitching about the new light sabers. :facepalm:

Yay! I'm really looking forward to this. I loved the first two as a kid, but return of the Jedi was a little too low budget and cheesy I thought.

Seeing the opening scene from a new hope in the theater in 1977 was mind blowing considering what had come before.

My kids love the prequels although even they hate jar jar! I think revenge of the sith is great actually...better than Jedi, no?

Anyway, I was horrified that Disney bought it, but that was offset when they hired J J Abrams ( lost, cloverfield, Star Trek). I think he has really good taste and the franchise couldn't be in better hands. :)

Can't tell too much from the trailer, but everything I saw had a great look to it.

Was surprised to see a black storm trooper (racist! :)) since I thought they were all descended from clones who came from jango fett, right? Maybe that dude just put on the armor as a disguise, or maybe they decided to clone billy dee Williams? :)

Back