ST Audio dsp3000 vs Delta 1010 and the like

Chris Fallen

I haven't heard anything really about the STaudio dsp 3000 m-port. I've searched the board but I've only seen it mentioned. Does anyone have one or has anyone had a chance to try one out? I'm just wondering a few things. I heard some very good things about the original ADC and DAC they had before coming out with the 3000.

So some questions for anyone that can answer:

How good are the converters? Are they up to par with the 1010? Q10?

What about the preamps? Mackie? Soundcraft? xP Behringer?

I'm just wondering the quality of the pieces. Right now I have a soundcraft m12 and I was going to buy a delta 1010, but I could probably sell off my m12 and pick this up for a few extra bucks.

Comments? Experiences?

i thought i read somewhere that it has the same converters as the cport.. so i'd choose the 1010 also.. plus i own a 1010 so i know the quality it can give you

The M-port does not use the same convertors as the C-port. As for quality of the pre-amps or what models they are, i do not know. You might try asking that question on ST Audio's message boards.

I am not sure of the M-Port, but i've heard much praise towards the Aardvark q10 pre's. and heard some songs recorded with them that were very good.

I think people compare them in Quality to the mackie preamps, which are comparable to the soundcraft preamps. Maybe the mackie/sound craft are a tiny bit better, but maybe not huge. I think the money would show better in microphones?

Back