SR-16 Manual

unbehaun

Eeeek, I can't understand my SR-16 manual!! Is there an alternate one or a video out there that makes things clear? I like the machine because it doesn't drink as much beer as my old drummers!

What part are you having trouble with? Some folks on this BBS may be able to help you.

I know how to edit drum sets, pan, assign to main or aux, etc. But I end up using entire patterns and cutting portions to create breaks (using my Roland VS-840). I want to create entire songs from scratch so that things don't sound so canned. But the manual simply confuses me. Bear in mind, I learn a LOT of software at work from manuals, so I'm not totally deft! Thanks, I'll check out the article. I was hoping there was an aftermarket manual that is easier to follow.

I used one pattern to create a - a click measure
a fill - a clear or blank measure
b - a 1 1/2 beat drum intro
b fill - a 2 1/2 beat drum intro

that way I basically used only one use pattern to do 4 different things.

I'm not sure how creating an entire song would help your song sound "less canned" than by recording straight to the VS?? I record to Cakewalk and I think it's easier than creating a song from patterns. But, to each his own.

mutt

Reply to Mutt's Reply

Thanks for the reply! What I meant by "canned" was the using of a preset pattern without any breaks or changes. I don't know anything about Cakewalk (even though I have 6 on my computer). I don't plan to do hard disk recording; rather, just to run my digital out from the VS-840 to my CardDeluxe using an editing program. I claim ignorance!

Back